Course Access for Mental Health Professionals
Preview Courses at No Cost to You
- If you are a licensed mental health professional, or a registered intern, you may preview any of the courses for free.
- You are encouraged to download the course materials for use in your clinical work.
- To register for your free access, fill in the form below.
ONLINE ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES
Presented by John Hamel, Ph.D., LCSW
An Adjunct Treatment Resource for Mental Health Professionals
Clients who have problems managing anger, especially in intimate partner relationships, are often difficult to treat. Our online courses can help supplement your treatment approach with cutting-edge educational materials and structured assignments and quizzes for a deeper learning experience.
The instructor, a world-renowned expert in the areas of relationship aggression and domestic violence, offers practical, evidence-based interventions and techniques that meet and exceed best practice standards.
- Available in 2, 4, 8, 12 and 16-hour versions
- Low registration fees
- Completely self-paced to suit a client’s schedule
- Based on recent research and the instructor’s 25 years conducting court-approved programs in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Draw on latest findings from cognitive-behavioral science, studies on relationship dynamics, and brain research
- Easy-to-understand lessons and homework exercises on emotion management, coping with stress, positive communication, conflict containment and conflict resolution
- Covers all types of anger management problems, with focus on high conflict relationships and low-moderate forms of interpersonal aggression
- Appropriate for both voluntary and court-referred students
“Fantastic! The course was highly informative, and easy to go through. It’s already helped me in my relationships. I highly recommend it.”
Lou N.,Concord, CA
John Hamel, Ph.D., LCSW, has a Masters in Social Welfare from U.C.L.A., and a Ph.D. from the University of Central Lancashire, U.K., where he is currently a Research Fellow. He has worked with family violence perpetrators and victims since 1992, and is a court-approved provider of batterer intervention and parent programs in four San Francisco Bay Area counties. Mr. Hamel is the author of Gender-Inclusive Treatment of Intimate Partner Abuse, 2nd Edition: Evidence-Based Approaches, (Springer, 2014); co-editor with Tonia Nicholls, PhD, of Family Interventions in Domestic Violence: A Handbook of Gender-Inclusive Theory and Treatment (Springer, 2007); and editor of Intimate Partner and Family Abuse: A Casebook of Gender Inclusive Therapy (Springer, 2008.) He also has had dozens of his research articles published in various peer-reviewed scholarly journals, and is Editor-in-Chief of Partner Abuse, a journal published quarterly by Springer Publishing. Mr. Hamel regularly speaks at conferences on domestic violence, has trained mental health professionals, victim advocates social service organizations, law enforcement, attorneys and family court mediators, and has provided case consultation and expert witness testimony. He is a founding member of the Association of Domestic Violence Intervention Programs (ADVIP), an organization of mental health professionals and researchers dedicated to evidence-based practice (www.domesticviolenceintervention.net).
“Valuing quality continuing education to enhance my skill base as a professor as well as a therapist, I highly recommend John Hamel’s training. John’s state-of-the-art material is well organized and professionally presented.” Tanda Ainsworth, MFT, University of San Francisco, School of Education
“Valuing quality continuing education to enhance my skill base as a professor as well as a therapist, I highly recommend John Hamel’s training. John’s state-of-the-art material is well organized and professionally presented.”
Tanda Ainsworth, MFT, University of San Francisco, School of Education